Saturday, November 01, 2008

When it began.

Hi. Allow me to introduce myself. My nom de plume is mrs. f5, and I'm a blogger.

Except... well, lately, not quite so much.


It's not that I've lost interest in blogs; far from it. I voraciously read other people's posts and musings, and obsessively micro-blog my own daily comings and goings.

But keeping up the pages of this, my first and foremost blog, launched only two years ago... yeah, that's not been happening lately.

I can't say exactly why, although I have a few half-formed theories, but I can say, decisively, that I've missed the regular practice of writing... anything of any substance, really... and sharing it with a predominantly invisible forum.

So, when Mrs. Kennedy, for the third year running, threw down the gauntlet for NaBloPoMo, I resolved to pick the thing up and dust this thing off.

I'm hoping to revive, recharge, reconnect, reach out and remember why blogging ever seemed like a good idea. And to relive and realize how much fun it was, when it began.

I'll fumble and trip along the way, I'm sure. Already it feels awkward, to string together thoughts in more than 140 characters.

But I'm no masochist; I'll cut myself some slack when needed. So expect to see a smattering of pictures or back-links or video clips to fill in the spaces where the words get stuck.

And so it begins...



8 Comments:

Blogger Big Mama said...

So I'm sitting here in the San Antonio airport, "Sweet Caroline" has just started playing over the loudspeaker, and I'm feeling a little teary as I prepare to leave.

But then, but THEN I see that Mrs. F5 has a post written along with bold statements about posting throughout November and it eases my sadness just a little.

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not often that I'm proven wrong (practically never, really) but I would love to be wrong with my prediction on this one! Good to see you back.

And holy crap on your bloglines girl! How do you possibly have time to keep up on all those blogs? Oh yeah, that sleeping-a-few-hours-a-night thing...

I have gone in the opposite direction - steadily pared down my blog reading. I just don't have time, although I'm already thinking about the summer and getting back into the rounds!

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, slap me silly and pass the biscuits!
Love, Ma

7:02 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Oh, thank goodness! I have missed you so much!

7:59 AM  
Blogger The Nanny said...

All I have to say is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGF8R7pDU-0

(with large amounts of SQUEE-ing and jumping for joy.)

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea for Mrs. F5! As you will be posting in copious amounts, does this mean I can slack?

8:49 AM  
Blogger Musings from Me said...

Mrs f5

I'm jumping on the nablopomo bandwagon as well. I am a twice a week blogger. Should be interesting to see if I manage to post every day or not.

Come on over to make sure I post every day!

Mom on the Run

9:45 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

You may not see me over here, but I'm doing a happy dance. A very happy dance.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home