Wednesday, November 05, 2008

First steps

My poor head's been fogged today by a happiness hangover... enhanced, perhaps, by a wee infusion of gin from last night's impromptu election-watching party with the Weintribe. So I'll just let this one picture speak my thousand giddy words:















Wasn't it absolutely amazing? Do you find yourself listening to the speech over and over, pinching yourself that, yes: this actually happened? And do you tear up at the words and the realization every single time?

Do you admire how beautifully Chicago, the hometown of my heart, served as its backdrop? Oh, giddy squeal; oh, contented sigh. Oh, sweet mercy: yes.

Of course, I did realize this morning, when I awoke to my throbbing head and my cheeks, still tear-stained and sore from all the smiling, that the world today plays host to the very same troubles and challenges that plagued it yesterday.

But somehow, it feels like a new world, a more hopeful place. The potential for change, for one and all: it feels tangible to me now.

All because of a few first steps, taken long ago. Can't wait to see where the journey leads us...

5 Comments:

Blogger Mommy Mo said...

I am excited beyond belief. I actually WANTED to vote this time around.

3:13 PM  
Blogger anniemcq said...

Oh, Amen, yes.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Keetha said...

Hey, you're back! :-)

And also, yes, indeed. Thank goodness.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Keetha said...

I thought you were coming back?

9:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, how's that Hope and Change thing working out for you?! LOL Not quite what you liberal sheep expected huh? Too bad!

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home