Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Homeward bound

"Home, Jeeves!" ordered Fussy.

Oh, so I paraphrase. What Eden Marriott Kennedy actually said, was: if you're the masochistic (or foolishly optimistic) type who's looking for a reason to blog every day for a month, I'll give you a theme.

This month, she dictated, the theme will be home.

As luck would have it, it just so happened that I was, in fact, looking for an excuse to start clacking away at the keyboard again. I may not make it for thirty consecutive days (taking my prior failed attempts into consideration), but the goal of breaking through my self-imposed writer's block, even if it's short-lived, seemed achingly achievable.

And home: well, lately, I can't stop thinking about the subject. Where it is now, where it was, what it will be and who I see there: my mind's just been a-churning as I've both metaphorically and literally been reconnecting to my home bases recently.


So: if you're so inclined, follow along as I spend the next few weeks sifting through the good and the bad, the absurd and the awkward, the sweet and the tangled musings I have on the topic at hand.

C'mon in. Pull up a chair. And make yourself at home.

4 Comments:

Blogger anniemcq said...

Can't wait.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Rich Robinson said...

So happy to have you back. We've all missed your musings.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I'm ready--with popcorn in hand! Missing your blogs, so I'm thrilled your writing again!

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, sorry to tag you with a meme on a post with a meme, but that's exactly what I'm doing. I've tagged you at my blog.:)

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home