Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Dooby-doo down down

If I had to describe the past week in one word, that word would be: craptastic.

And yes, I realize that such a sophomoric, scatalogical sentiment is probably more approprate for an
emo adolescent boy than a thirtysomething mother of three, but guess what?

It just so happens that I'm a slob with acne who thought that
Jonah Hill totally rocked the house on SNL the other night. So, you know, suck it.

Anyhoo. Back to the craptacularium.

While I'm indescribably relieved to report that the muppers seem none the worse for the
bug that settled in for a spell last week, I have, despite testing negative for the flu (oh, yes: twice), felt like utter poo.

I've had no energy at all, of any kind.

I've abandoned almost all pretense of personal hygiene.

I've been exceptionally thin-skinned and short-tempered.

And I don't think I've yelled at my children this much since they were, I'm sorry to say, coming out of my body.

In short, I've been a crappy (there's that word again) mom, sister, daughter and friend.

And wife. The fact that my husband hasn't served me with divorce papers after this week gives me reason to hope that we'll make it to our fourteenth wedding anniversary after all.

Which is such a relief, because it's this Thursday. So I'm trying like heck to shake these blues before then.


As I attempt to adjust the dial on my mood-o-meter, a quote keeps bobbing about my head:

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

I've done a pretty crappy job with this concept lately. Got nowhere to go but up, though... so here I go.

1 Comments:

Blogger anniemcq said...

AS a reader of your blog, I read from the top down, which means your mood improved after you wrote this, your husband still loves you because you are going away for your 14th anniversary (wooohooot!), and your children are so adorable I could eat them with a spoon.

But I just wanted to say - hugs to you friend. I've been here, living this post before, and it's a crappy place to be. If you can remember to be nice to yourself first (this is hard to do), and not feel guilty about that (this is harder to do), and accept the love and light that your family graciously gives you no matter how short you are with them (nearly impossible), it helps.

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home