Thursday, March 27, 2008

Busted

It absolutely never fails.

You've been avoiding a sticky conversation with someone, because you know it's probably going to open up a whole series of awkward questions and comments that you're simply not prepared to field.

So you keep your head down. You hope for the best. And you're stunned to realize that your luck actually seems to be holding until...

The two of you are in a car together.

Oh, yeah. Now there's nowhere to run; nowhere to hide. Time to face the music, my friend.

"Mommy. Emma told me today that she went to a place called Disney World, and Sponge Bob Squarepants had lunch with her in a restaurant. And I said, you're being silly, Emma. Stop teasing me. But she said, no, she wasn't teasing me. There really is a place called Disney World. (Indignantly.) Did you know about this, Mom?"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laughing so hard.

I have been dealing with the "when are we going to Disney?" conversation from Bailey for years. Using all my child psychology and mommy warfare skills, I have always told him "when Lucy is 5, we will go to Disney World, because you can't enjoy Disney with kids younger than 5" (of course this could very well not be true, but it certainly is for Rich and I, so therefore, it is true for my son).

Little does he know that we have been squirreling away a Disney vacation fund, even in the midst of our financial downswing, and we are going for spring break 2009, a mere two months before Lucy turns 5.

Can't. wait.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Ah yes, the "Disney Conversation." We've had to come to grips with the fact that we will be heading to Disneyland sometime soon or our 4-year-old will kill and eat us.

When she was little she wanted to know what those trucks were that drove around and played music. I told her that they were precisely that: trucks that drove around and played music for all the people in their neighborhoods.

And she was really OK with that answer for a year or so. She would yell, "There's the truck that plays music!" And people would give me the weirdest looks. And then one day she saw some kids getting ice cream out of the music playing truck and the jig was up.

Anyway...Thanks for stopping by my wordpress blog (blissfuly caffeinated). I'm on blogger also, but in a very different way.

Your blog is great also, and don't worry, I won't tell anyone about the JM thing! :)

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home