Sunday, February 10, 2008

Talking 'bout Mexico

Way down here, you need a reason to move.
Feel a fool, running your stateside games.
Lose your load; leave your mind behind, baby James...

Oh, Mexico:
It sounds so simple, I've just got to go.
The sun’s so hot, I forgot to go home;
I guess I’ll have to go now.

Americano got the sleepy eye,
But his body’s still shaking like a live wire;
Sleepy señorita with the eyes on fire.

Oh, Mexico:
It sounds so sweet with the sun sinking low;
Moon’s so bright, like to light up the night...
Make everything all right.

Baby’s hungry and the money’s all gone;
The folks back home don’t want to talk on the phone.
She gets a long letter, sends back a postcard; times are hard.

Oh, down in Mexico:
I've never really been, so I don’t really know.
Oh, Mexico....
I guess I’ll have to go.

Oh, Mexico:
I've never really been, but I’d sure like to go.
Oh, Mexico...
I guess I’ll have to go now.

If you wanna know what I'm talking 'bout, read this. Then this.
If you wanna know more, check back here tomorrow.
If you wanna see for yourself, go here.
If you'd rather hear J.T. talking 'bout Mexico, then by all means, watch this.

But for now: adios, amigos... from the sleepy señora with the eyes on fire.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

delighted you are home and the trip was such fun!

6:23 AM  
Blogger life with the wisners said...

oh, i am so glad you're back. your presence was missed in the metroplex.

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know how Jan said "Marcia Marcia Marcia!"

Imagine me saying "Jealous jealous jealous!" followed by a muttered "lucky bitches"

No, seriously, I'm glad you and Weintraub had a great time.

Seriously.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Sounds like a great trip. But really, does this constitute a blog post? It's lyrics. I need more details than this. And no one tells a good story like you!!

Miss and love you!!

2:46 PM  
Blogger anniemcq said...

you've been tagged, my dear!

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home