Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Heigh-ho

It's late and I'm weary after an evening of flying solo while Trey's away. But before I hit the hay, a wee bit o' happiness:

This morning had me marching the muppers into school today, after an absurdly long winter break.

I'd anticipated trepidation, maybe even a meltdown. I was prepared, if necessary, to peel various children off of my shins and dump them, unceremoniously, into the outstretched arms of their teachers.

I fretted: if they banded together, could they scare up some industrial glue and affix themselves to heavy pieces of furniture?

Nah. All worries of a dramatic farewell dissipated when the three of them gleefully ran down the hallway to find their classrooms before I'd even navigated my way through the school lobby.

Now, running in the halls is an outright violation of the school's rules, and generally prompts a lecture from me, if only to keep up appearances in front of the other parents.

But today, they got a pass.

And I? I got groceries. Without miniature accompaniment. Oh, happiness.

Meanwhile, the amazing, talented, indispensible Celli managed to work some magic on the house, which we'd rendered a complete and total pigsty in her two-week absence. I like to think it went a little something like this.

So: happy kids. Clean house. The only thing missing is Prince Charming, and he's promised to be home for dinner tomorrow.

Cue the orchestra and roll the closing credits. On this day, at least, we lived happily ever after. The end.

1 Comments:

Blogger anniemcq said...

Wow. A clean house. I wonder what that's like! Congrats on getting them (happily) back to school!

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home