Saturday, January 12, 2008

Alter ego

Filling in the blanks of my passport application the other day, I found myself pondering some classic existential questions, such as: who am I? Where did I come from? Where am I going?

The process was mentally taxing at times, but ultimately rewarding. Kind of like this meme, now making the rounds.

1. ROCK STAR NAME (first pet + current car): Maggie Odyssey
2. GANGSTA NAME (favorite ice cream flavor + favorite cookie): Peppermint Double Stuf
3. “FLY Guy/Girl” NAME (first initial of first name + first three letters of last name): A-Fra

4. DETECTIVE NAME (favorite color + favorite animal): Red Giraffe
5. SOAP OPERA NAME (middle name + city where you were born): Katherine Ft. Walton
6. STAR WARS NAME (first three letters of last name + first two letters of first): Fra Am
7. SUPERHERO NAME (“The” + second favorite color + favorite drink): The Green Mojito
8. NASCAR NAME (grandfathers' first names): Sammy Spencer

9. STRIPPER NAME (name of favorite perfume/cologne/scent + favorite candy): Twizzler Bulgari
10. WITNESS PROTECTION NAME (mother’s and father’s middle names): Marion Irene
11. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME (fifth grade teacher’s last name + a major city that starts with the same letter): Miami Mermelstein

12. SPY NAME (favorite season/holiday + flower): Spring Freesia
13. CARTOON NAME (favorite fruit + article of clothing you’re wearing right now + “ie” or “y”): Mango Cargosie
14. HIPPIE NAME (what you ate for breakfast + favorite tree): Waffle Sycamore
15. YOUR ROCKSTAR TOUR NAME (“The” + favorite hobby/craft + favorite weather + “Tour”): The Bloggin’ Snow Tour


Feel free to share your own dissociated identities in the comment section...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mermelstein?!? You made that up!

I think Peppermint Double Stuf may be my favorite though.

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As sands through the hourglass,
So... are the Days... of Our Lives!

Best wishes,
Irene Chicago

6:19 PM  
Blogger mrsf5 said...

Whoa... I just had a major flashback to 1976. Thanks, Mom! I mean: Irene Chicago. Or was that Chanel Marzipan? ;)

And no, trabilcobb, Mermelstein was for reals. Even better? His first name was MORRIS. Trust me: I'm not that creative.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

My middle name is Kathryn, too. Except, as you see... different spelling. It's after my grandmother, who is, in fact, Katherine. But my mom didn't want my middle name to be longer than my first name. She's weird like that. :)

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home