Thursday, December 06, 2007

Embarrassment of riches

So Carter is now convinced that I'm the coolest mom on the planet, because every day he comes home to discover that I have bought him yet another toy catalog.

Oh, if only you could bear witness to this joy. He devours them first, then pores over each page; stashes them in every room of the house; ruthlessly dangles them just out of his brother's reach and discusses each item with us in-depth.

And just as his very favorite one falls apart at the seams, a fresh supply magically appears in our mailbox. Surely there was never a more thoughtful, prescient, loving mother.

Is it even remotely shameful how I bask in the glow of this adoration? Don't answer that.

3 Comments:

Blogger anniemcq said...

I would say this lives firmly in "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" territory! You ARE the best mother on the planet!

5:47 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

You ROCK!!

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, Isaac and Carter are such kindred spirits. We have the same routine! And, I shamlessly take the glory as well sister! I won't tell if you won't.

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home