Thursday, November 01, 2007

Yah Mo B There

The days are growing longer. There's a barely perceptible nip in the air. And scattered all around the house, o'er countertops and under chairs, are tiny, crumpled balls of foil and paper, bearing the names Hershey's, Reese's and Andes.

These, the spoils of the muppers' trick-or-treat booty, which I have filched without remorse from their wee Halloween buckets, are the definitive sign that a new season has begun.

Oh, yeah: it's NaBloPoMo '07, baby. Fueled by the sugar rush that only a fun-sized bag of assorted miniature chocolate bars can deliver, I will be joining three thousand fellow goofballs in an attempt to crash the Internet by blogging every day this month.

Last year, as you no doubt recall, we came perilously close to our goal just three days into the race, causing Blogger to collapse into a whimpering heap o' mush. This year... well, the sky's the limit for the legion of crazed Mrs. Kennedy fans and friends.

For me, the stakes and expectations are absurdly low. All I really hope to do is blog slightly more than my current pace, which bears a marked resemblance to that of a lone, dead snail.

While I'm on this noble quest, I hope to have a little fun. Meet some new blogs. Become one with the incredibly uncomfortable chair at my kitchen desk. And eat more candy. Much more candy. Candy candy candy.

Join me, won't you?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

but, you are the single wittiest lone dead snail i know!

delighted to read from you again and that you post words instead of pictures. i could take a cue...

8:46 AM  
Blogger I, Rodius said...

One down, 29 to go! You can do it! Think the candy supply will hold out? If your muppers were trick-or-treatin' with the pillow cases I saw more than of a few of at my door last night, then there's hope.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Weintribe said...

HOORAY!

I have been waiting for 11-1 with bated breath, knowing a month full of F-S wisdom, humor, and sarcasm is sure to be mine.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home