Friday, November 02, 2007

Taggo

I have a list as long as my arm of things I just plain adore about the inimitable Annie McQ.

This could seem sweet, wise or odd, depending on your personal perspective of the fact that Annie and I have never actually met. Sure, this self-professed "Annie" could be a burly truck driver named Jethro in real life, but I'm a trusting sort of fool who takes her at her word.

She has lots of good words, that Annie McQ. Pictures, too.

I especially adore Annie tonight, because it's late, I'm exhausted and I'm away from my home base, so a witty original NaBloPoMo-worthy post? Just not happening right now.

But Annie has thoughtfully provided me with some nice, brainless blog fodder: a gentle challenge to deliver a written snapshot of me at this moment.

Here 'tis:
Wearing: my shabbiest, most comfortable pajamas.

Hair: twisted in a knot on top of my head, with a few errant curls springing loose.

Makeup: Huh. Forgot to put on makeup today.

Last thing said: "Have a good night, sleep tight, have sweet dreams... and remember how much Mommy loves you, which is more than words can say."

Last phone call: to my Mommy, at her brand-new phone number in her brand-new nest.

In your bag: three magazines (Vanity Fair, Wonder Time and In Style Home), a book (Mommies Who Drink), a Moleskine journal, Aveeno hand lotion, my iPod, a stack of blank index cards and a pack of mini-highlighters (read: emergency art project for bored muppers).

Plans for today: sleep. Blog, then sleep. Tomorrow? Visit with family and celebrate my niece's fourth birthday.

Last thing bought: Merrells for the muppers (taupe for the boys, hot pink for Katie).

Listening to: Trey and his parents talking and laughing downstairs.

Last showered: this morning, which seems like a very long time ago.

Looking forward to: sleeping in tomorrow morning, while the muppers gleefully play with every. single. toy. in Grandmommy's super-cool walk-in toy closet.

Worst part of the day: when I realized that no matter how much I tried to will my mental image into reality, my clothes would never, not ever, pack themselves.

Best part of the day: pulling into the driveway of this house, after four hours in the car with three children who refuse to sleep in a moving vehicle, no matter how tired and unreasonable they may be.

Favorite person of the day: besides Annie? Trey, of course.

Thinking about: food. Because, well, I'm almost always thinking about food. And also because I just received an e-mail from Tracey with a picture of her, Jenny, Deb... and cake. Braggarts.

Current annoyance: that I'm not eating cake with Tracey, Jenny and Deb.

Current obsession: what in the world will I blog about for the next twenty-seven consecutive days?

Feeling: brain-dead, but happy. An unbeatable combination, really. And grateful. Ever grateful.

I'll tag my fellow NaBloPoMoer, SHA. Go for it, girlie...

2 Comments:

Blogger SHA said...

Ok. I'll do it, but later. I'm gonna go snuggle with Anthony before his kids wake up. Have a good weekend friend. Go kick and pinch the kids for me.

6:55 AM  
Blogger anniemcq said...

I LOVE YOU!!! Do you know why? Because I've been trying to come up with a name for my inner burly trucker, and you did it for me!

LOVE this, and I'm glad I could help. You are an awesome woman.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home