Friday, November 16, 2007

Ninety

She doesn't have call waiting, much less a cell phone.

Her microwave oven predates my two youngest siblings.

And she doesn't have video games to entertain visiting great- and grandchildren; Nanny kicks it old-school-style with a seriously vintage Pachinko machine.

But it's never too late to embrace technology. So today, in honor of her ninetieth birthday, we're presenting my grandmother with a computer.

The learning curve, it may be steep. I don't think I'm going too far out on a limb by predicting that she won't be Googling with confidence for at least a day or two.

So to make things a little easier on her (and yes, myself), I'm bumping a pair of Nanny-specific posts from last year.

Here's my recollection of the time we accidentally killed her. (I hasten to add that she recovered nicely. Honest.)

And here's my list of seventeen fascinating tidbits about this remarkable woman, born on this day in 1917.

Happy birthday, Nanny. I love you.

4 Comments:

Blogger SHA said...

Happybirthday Nanny!

5:25 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Never ever ever ever as long as I live will I tire of Nanny stories. I love her, love your family, still have tears streaming down my face every time I relive the Nana died story. Ah, good times!

6:43 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I love this post and any that share stories of Nanny! Hope she has a wonderful birthday and you all enjoy some great family time!

7:56 PM  
Blogger anniemcq said...

Happy Birthday, Nana (Nanny?). Please, forgive me for not being able to keep in my head from post to comment your name. I just spent four days at Disneyland having my frontal lobe restructured. But I know you had a birthday! And I hope it was truly happy.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home