Sunday, November 25, 2007

I'm a little teapot

Cannot tell you how much I'm loving your comments, discussion and general support re: my Neti situation. Literally cannot tell you, because I'm too engrossed by the surprisingly wide selection of YouTube clips demonstrating the proper use of a Neti pot. And also, a few demonstrating incorrect use, theoretically to humorous effect, but I'm too repulsed to laugh.

Thanks, Jen, for pointing this out to me. No, really: thanks heaps.

Also, my mother called me tonight to remind me that, honestly, the best way to ease the pain of sinus congestion? High kicks. Interesting. And oddly effective.

6 Comments:

Blogger anniemcq said...

Of COURSE there are youtube clips of neti pot users. Of COURSE there are.

Ahhhh, the internet is an amazing thing.

6:34 AM  
Blogger anniemcq said...

OOOOh! I thought of one more thing that helps, but it's a bit unconventional, and totally embarrassing to admit, but because I love ya, I'll just pretend it wasn't me who discovered it. " Someone I know" accidentally discovered that a small vibrating object, placed on the side of the nose (that is filled with the most gunk near the bridge) will bring about a fit of sneezing, and move lots of gunk out of the way, leaving you feeling less impacted. Of course, your nose will want to snuggle afterward, but it's totally worth it.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

high kicks? with or without the neti pot?

6:44 AM  
Blogger Weintribe said...

hey-it's MY pleasure!

getting to hear first hand accounts of using a neti pot-priceless!

seriously-you would have loved watching Sam and I watching you tube videos (looking for that perfect one to send to you).

she was *howling* with laughter.

I had a giggle or two myself.

once the blood drained back into my head-watching that first dribble of water made me call for the vapors.

Jen

7:01 AM  
Blogger SHA said...

U yeah. Cuz we listen to YOUR mother?

4:33 PM  
Blogger Mommy Mo said...

Oh. my. god. I had never heard of a neti pot until visiting your blog. And now, after watching the youtube videos, I never want to use one! I only watched the first one, and the look on that ladies face is priceless. And then when the water goes in one nostril and then shoots out the other nostril, I'm about peed my pants laughing. But the clincher was when the video pointed out gentle exercises/stretches to do AFTER using the neti pot, kinda like the stretches I do after a hard workout. What a good laugh!!!!!

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home