Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Harmony

Because one of the singular joys of motherhood is seeing my children fall in love with the music that I adored a generation ago.

Because the catchy tune, the groovy threads and the seriously funky moves? Every bit as fresh today as they were then.

Because I'm not sure it's ever too early to begin the indoctrination, and that girl would never lead us astray.

Because lately, I feel as if I should be wearing a black-and-white striped shirt with a whistle dangling around my neck, as I clutch in my sweaty palms a book that I desperately need to read, because oh, my WORD, the daily angst and strife and conflict amongst the muppers. And maybe, just maybe, watching this video twelve times before breakfast will help enact some positive change, even if it's at the most molecular level.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the FONDEST of memories, sister.

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home