Thursday, November 22, 2007

Full

It's pretty much a spot-on description of the day's events.

The Houston clan, gathered 'round? Check.
A sumptuous, scrumptious feast, prepared with love? Check.
Gleefully disobedient muppers? Check, check, check.

The only real difference is that this year, I have some variation of the upper-respiratory ick my mother-in-law had last year. But instead of soldiering through and preparing a fabulous meal like she did, I slept through most of the day, rousing only occasionally to eat gorgeous food that I couldn't completely taste: a cruel punishment, indeed.

Tomorrow, then, I'll be thankful for an abundance of leftover food. Tonight, I'm thankful for this post from last year, which does a much better job than this stuffy head could of capturing the day and my many blessings.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you feel better soon! And on your next trip to Houston, it's lattes on me! Blessings, and a hearty recovery to you and your family!

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy thanksgiving.

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home