Sunday, November 04, 2007

Bonus

Oh, I know: the muppers will be thrown completely off their respective schedules for days, if not weeks, and unprecedented levels of crankiness will be my penance.

Despite my best intentions, I'll only rewind and reset half of the clocks in our possession before I'm distracted by other, more pressing tasks on my to-do list, and, in a few months, I'll think, "Eh: March is practically around the corner. Might as well leave them be."

When SAD inevitably sets in, I'll alternate between drowning my sorrows in ice cream with hot fudge sauce, and raging against The Man for messing with Mother Nature, and I'll circulate nonsensical petitions to family and friends.

I know this, and yet: sleeping one extra hour this morning? Delightful. Decadent. Delicious.

Yet another happy addition to my day? On our way home from Houston, taking a detour to the little town that generates the best ice cream in the country.

Said town also happens to be the current address for our fabulous nomadic, adventurous, funny friends, the Cobbs.

Did I thoroughly adore my long overdue chat with the missus? Oh, so much. Did the muppers have a blast dodging bad-ass bees with the daddies and Number One Cobblet? All signs point to yes.

Did I get to hold Number Two Cobblet, and make ooshy-smooshy noises and faces, and nuzzle his fuzzy six-week-old head, and sniff in his newborn baby goodness?

Sigh. I did.

Did I think, for one fleeting second, "Oh, maybe one more... ?"

Sigh. I did.

But then we piled back into the minivan and drove home, just the five of us, and I thought: best, perhaps, to enjoy that with which we have already been so richly blessed.

And so I will.

4 Comments:

Blogger anniemcq said...

That is one adorable little bebe.

Wasn't that extra hour so nice? I didn't sleep in, but it got dark earlier, which was helpful in getting my child to settle down and go to bed. Whew.

6:35 AM  
Blogger life with the wisners said...

damn you, DST. bliss before children. complete joke on all moms after children. an extra hour? in my dreams.

must kiss that baby. and touch that head of black smooth silkiness.

franklin...so glad you are blogging. SO GLAD YOU ARE BLOGGING!

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Franklin Six (or Seven!) just doesn't have the same ring to it.

The visit was way too quick, but we'll take what we can get. Baby cuddles and snotty toddler kisses to the whole gang.

And sorry again about the bees from hell. Hope Trey's ankle is ok.

11:50 AM  
Blogger SHA said...

A fleeting second....one more

uh huh

That Cobb kid needs a schmooch from MsChica cuz i just wanna bite him, kiss him, pinch him.

Ok I'll give you that one. Sometimes the memories of the schmushy goodness lulls me into a brief interlude with crazy. Then either Aliyah starts talking or CarterKatieSpencer start and then I'm all better.

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home