Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Bet your bottom dollar

This morning, I was really, but seriously gonna get the muppers to school on time.

But then one miniature missing shoe set everything wonky, and the next thing I knew, a half-hour had sped past me and we were, yet again, thoroughly tardy.

But, you know, the sun will come out tomorrow.

This afternoon, I had a nice and neat (if incomplete) to-do list: restock the fridge and pantry, return what-was-I-thinking clothes, exchange them for that's-more-like-it clothes, restore order to this house of chaos and tackle two abandoned volunteer projects.

Then Mandy wondered if I was free for lunch, and I decided that I was, but only after a pedicure with Jen, and suddenly my day of much-needed productivity had been magically transformed into a day of undeserved leisure.

But tomorrow: it's only a day away.

Tonight I had a nearly complete mental draft of a great blog post about my newly bedecked walls.

But then my eyelids grew heavy and my bed beckoned me to get a decent night's sleep, for heaven's sake, and so it is that I stick out my chin, and grin, and not just say, but vow...

Tomorrow.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mocha said...

Love this. Seriously.

4:25 PM  
Blogger anniemcq said...

I had such an Annie fetish when I was 13. I even sang "Tomorrow" in the high school talent show. I won, of course. I could belt like Ethel Merman. Now I just yell, but I try to keep it in tune.

Love this post, friend. It tickles me.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Jenny Scott said...

Can't keep up with all this frequent blogging from you--had to catch up! Love that you are blogging so much.

Annie--I watched Annie just about every day from the age of 5 to 7. When I turned 10, my parents gave my nanny a copy of the video and a hammer for her birthday!! HAHA!!

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

undeserved leisure my foot!

delighted that you asaid yes to both the pedicure and lunch both with good friends, and set the to-do list aside for tomorrow.

feel free to do the same today.

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home