Friday, June 29, 2007

And smart, too.

Snapshot from the nursery:

Spencer, in a spot-on impersonation of his father, digs up an old disposable camera, points it in my general direction and pretends to capture an image of me changing his sister's diaper.

He cranes his head to examine the nonexistent digital display, then nods and says with absolute sincerity, "Dat looks cute."

I throw back my head and laugh, saying, "You know who's cute, Spencer? You are!"

Then I turn my attention to my daughter and say, "And YOU'RE cute, too."

"I not cute," she replies, in her inimitable voice that's light as a feather yet utterly serious.

"I pretty."

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I just love them oh, so much.

3 Comments:

Blogger anniemcq said...

That's hysterical. I wish I could muster a bit of that self-confidence!

11:15 PM  
Blogger Jenny Scott said...

Precious and sweet are those cute little Franklins! Love them!

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we love them oh so much too! we are having so much fun getting to know your sweet family. isaac has bonded to carter and, i noticed on the 4th at the smiths, was babying spencer and katie making sure they were having fun and staying out of the path of jettisoning soccer balls!

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home