Saturday, June 30, 2007

Am I blue?

In a word: no. No, I'm not depressed. No, I'm not teetering on the brink of alcoholism. (Nothing against alcoholics, you understand. I love alcoholics! But other than an occasional festive mojito, I can't really tolerate the stuff.)

No, Trey and I were just having a little photographic fun with the Robinsons, who've been ON MY CASE to blog about how fabulous they are. After overcoming an epic case of writer's block, I've now done so. And with nary a dishonest word, I might add; they actually ARE pretty damn fabulous.

So today, with a clean conscience, I slipped free from the bonds of the blogosphere to go have some outdoor fun with... well, more blogger types.

And so the wheel of responsibility turns again, because now I am compelled to tell you how fabulous the Raditraubners are! (Or was that the Wisweinicellos? I get so confused.)

The background: Sarah Kate at Totally Rad wrote this yummy post about picking blueberries. In a flash, Jen was all over it. Then sweet Wisner chimed in. So no way was I missing out: fun? friends? fruit? We're so there!

Oh, it would have been great, if not for the constant, ceaseless rain that hammered north Texas all through the night. And even though we caught a glimpse of clear sky when we woke up, the idea of dragging many children through muddy fields to pluck soggy berries didn't sound like much fun to anyone.

So, Plan B: a nature hike. We loaded up our respective families and hauled north a bit, where we all met up at a beautiful, sprawling park. This particular park boasted a winding 1.5-mile paved path, loaded with lush green vegetation, and (this was key) a nifty playground that perfectly distracted whiny kiddos from the blueberries they'd been promised.

Sadly, abandoning the playground for the winding path prompted a lot more whining. And a steadfast refusal by the youngest muppers to hold any weight whatsoever on their strong little legs.

And so we carried them, cheerfully at first, and then a lot less so, as the temperatures rose and the humidity soared. But every now and then, my better half was able to work himself free from the clutches of the children to snap a few pictures of them.

The results painted a much better picture of this fun morning than my words ever could. But look for yourself and judge.

Yep, he was pretty proud of those pictures. Until Jen sent us this, that is.

This leaves us a teeny bit green with envy at her mad photographic skills. But grateful for the day with fabulous friends, and looking forward to the next get-together. Under blue skies, we hope.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, this is just cruel posting this.

Oh, how I wish the Robinsons could have been there for the fun! And Trey's pictures were beautiful - don't let Weintraub intimidate you Trey! (although, as always, hers were gorgeous. And really, don't they look even cuter set to Toy Story music? How do you compete with a soundtrack?)

Is it possible the little Franklins have grown up even since I saw them a few months ago? Oh, I just want to eat Spencer up.

Is it September yet? Before we know it, we will have Weintraub-Franklin-Scott-Robinson playdate pictures!

7:18 AM  
Blogger Rich Robinson said...

Seriously. That's just cruel. It would have been soooo much fun to bring the Robinson brood along.

Ah well...distance makes the heart grow fonder, right? Can't wait for September.

Awesome pictues!

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so delighted that you posted about the outing!

wisner paid hilarious tribute to the fun that was had and i was too intimidated to follow in her footsteps. and, then even more so to post everyone else's pictures!

but now you have done so and it makes me smile to remember the fun we had that soggy humid morning!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

okay am I smoking crack? the date on your post says the 30th. I know I have checked it since then and this post has not come up. Am I missing something????

Love your post! I can't wait to meet everyone's clans. I think I heard something about september? And by the way I loved your pic!

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG-LOVE Trey's version!!! THat first one of Sam and Chuck is to die for-I MUST HAVE IT!

But wow-what did he do to the one of me to make me look so suprisingly rotund and chunky? Geez...time to start working out!

That's not how I am...in my head.

Deb-Franklin is notorious for starting a post, and finishing it days (even weeks) later. The post still shows up as the DAY it was started, not finished.

used to drive me crazy too.

6:49 PM  
Blogger life with the wisners said...

oh franklin. i am so touched to see that you are back.

props to trey. totally has the gift. also has guts. to post pictures of the same event captured by weentrab. brave. but two totally different angles of the day. i loved them.

and i love that you're back. love it! welcome back. hi, i'm wisner. glad to have you.

oh, and have i mentioned how i love the muppers? love them.

8:17 PM  
Blogger anniemcq said...

Did you know you can change when your post appears, even if you started it earlier? Post it, then go back to edit it, and you'll be able to change the time and day.

Oh, and by the way - I commented here when it first came out, but because my in-laws internet connection is so spotty, it didn't connect. It is so nice to see you again Franklin. thank you for all the sweet and lovely comments on my blog. I've missed you and it was such a treat to see you'd been by! Great, great to have you back. Beautiful stuff, too!

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll tell you who's blue.

I'm blue.

Because of you.

Boo hoo.

Yoo hoo?

Where are you?

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home