Thursday, January 25, 2007

Block

It's not that I've run out of words. Trey would, I believe, be more than willing to testify to the contrary.

It's not that I've run out of material. The muppers ensure that, for better or worse (or, more likely, for better and worse) every day is a blogworthy day.

I just can't seem to conjure the effort, the attention span and the coherent thought to share any of it with anyone. I've started four separate posts since last week, but haven't gotten around to finishing a one of them. So they marinate in my blog log with three dozen other musings and platitudes that will probably never see the light of day. My mom suggested tonight that I just start a new blog with all of those sentence fragments and notes and old pictures. It's a good idea, actually.

Another good idea: after much hand-wringing, brainstorming and procrastinating, I've finally come up with a theme for S and K's second birthday party. Oh, it's this Saturday; did you not get your invitation? Of course you didn't, silly! There IS no invitation, because I never got around to mailing any. However, this ties in perfectly with the party's theme, which is: What a Mess. We've gone to great lengths to reflect the theme in our decor, menu and schedule of party activities. I love it when a plan comes together.

Our first party guests, Grandmommy and Granddaddy, arrive in a few hours, so I'd better shut down and get some shut-eye. More later, I promise.

7 Comments:

Blogger anniemcq said...

I am loving your blog. Even though it seems to you that you have no "thru line", you do. You write about parenting and what it's really like, in all it's messy, disjointed splendor.

I have an idea about your birthday party "theme":

1. Put all party favors in a pile under the table. To keep it real, keep them in the bag you bought them in.
2. Put all serveware on top of the table, but make sure some of it just came out of the dishwasher that your husband was supposed to run but didn't. Notice as one of your adult guests picks up the fork that there is dried pasta with pesto stuck in all the tines. Quickly point out the window and grab the fork and run to the kitchen.
3. Grab appetizers from counter. No appetizers, no problem - put Cheerios in a big "cheery" bowl, with toothpicks on the side and invent appetizer party game....
4. Party game - see who can get the most cheerios on a toothpick in 10 seconds.
5. Grab bandaids from bathroom for two adult guests who have stabbed themselves with toothpicks
6. Remove toothpicks from table, invent new game: Who can pick up the most Cheerios from the floor in 10 seconds.
7. Invent new game when children put Cheerios from floor back into big bowl: "Who can pick out the most dog hair from Cheerio Bowl"
8. Grab a beer from the fridge. Drink it quickly.
9. Sing "Happy Birthday"
10. Congratulate yourself on a perfect party for two year olds!

Have a great time. And while those grandparents are there, grab a nap and a date with your husband!

8:11 AM  
Blogger mrsf5 said...

Okay, missy: that's about enough out of you.

First you make me guffaw, LOUDLY, I might add, whilst reading your blog at three in the morning, when I really should have been sleeping. And now you've gone and forced me to spit orange juice ALL OVER my computer keyboard. I mean, dried pasta and pesto in the tines of the fork? WHERE HAVE YOU INSTALLED THE HIDDEN CAMERA?!?

Seriously, you are cracking me up on your blog AND mine. And, for the record, we will be implementing many of your party suggestions tomorrow.

Gotta run... guess who just decided that Desitin is an acceptable substitute for toothpaste? Never a dull moment...

9:09 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Everyday is What a Mess day at our house, we don't even need to have a party. Sad, but true.

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, one week is the absolute longest you can go without posting

throw me a bone of some sort!

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second that! Feed me!!!

4:38 PM  
Blogger anniemcq said...

I'm in agreement with the previous two posters... I miss reading your blog! Hope all is well.

1:59 PM  
Blogger mrsf5 said...

Trey says, "The natives are getting restless."

I say: thank you so much for reading and for caring. All is well; I just can't seem to finish a post! By tomorrow morning there'll be some new stuff to read, I promise. 'Cause you know it's bad when SHIGETA is posting more regularly than I am. ;)

(And TBC, I haven't given up hope on you... )

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home