Monday, December 04, 2006

The thing with feathers

"I hope for more love, more joy and laughter;
I hope you’ll have more than you’ll ever need.
I hope you’ll have more happy-ever-afters:
I hope we can all live more fearlessly,
And we can lose all the pain and misery.
I hope, I hope, I hope... "

After such lofty global aspirations, is it terribly selfish and shallow of me to hope, hope, hope that a calm and capable sitter lands on our doorstep tomorrow night so that cute husband and I are able to attend a cool concert together?

Well, then color me superficial because I wanna go to this show! Love their tunes, don't want 'em to just shut up and sing, and utterly adore cute husband for sticking out his political neck at the office to nab us seats in the corporate suite.

So c'mon, exceptional household staffing agency: send us a winner.

P.S. Tonight's title is borrowed from another Emily.

P.P.S. While we're being serenaded, two of our dearest friends will be winging their way home with the most darling chick, who is hope personified, for their nest. Travel mercies are appreciated...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so JEALOUS! I love them, and not just for their politics.

5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited for the new baby chick and her fam! Good travel vibes sent their way!

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU ARE SO LUCKY!! I love the chicks too, but am pretty sure they won't be visiting this particular red state anytime soon. BooHiss! Have a blast mi hermana!
xo
Sarah

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you can't get a suitable sitter, I'm on my way right now, to keep watch over Bug, and "Rufus and Chaka".

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home