Thursday, December 14, 2006

P.U.H.

Into every life, a little rain must fall. Even if it's a typhoon of your own creation.

When it inevitably does precipitate, and you think you just might drown from it, there's no relief quite like having a good friend offer you shelter, a big thirsty towel, a cup of hot cocoa and some reassurance that you're going to be a-okay. And after a moment of quiet reflection, you can see that she's absolutely right. It's just water falling from the sky.

Thank God for Shigeta Applewhite, is all I'm saying.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shigeta says:
Awwwww, you're so sweet. I'm your friend when you're fat, poorly dressed, sad,thin, broke, hungry, not just when everything's gravy....cuz for sure you've been that to me. Cue the music where Dionne, Gladys, Stevie and Elton start crooning, "That's What Friends Are Foooooorrrrrr"

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay you guys, stop.

you're making me jealous.

Amy is MY friend! Carter is in SAM'S class! I'M NOT SHARING!

(unless I get to come along?)

seriously-you guys crack me up! makes me miss one of my buddies who is too busy to blog.

the nerve!

9:14 PM  
Blogger mrsf5 said...

Good news, girlfriends: there is no need to fight over me! I manufacture angst and anxiety on a daily basis, so my need for Personal Umbrella Handlers is nearly constant.

Just ask TraBilCobb what my nickname used to be! Ask debelah how many ledges she has personally talked me down from! Ask... on second thought: spare yourselves the hassle and run, run away!

Love y'all more than chocolate! (Well, at least as much.)

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll always be Tragic Amy to us!

xo

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home