Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Say what?

Do I stutter?

Do I mumble or garble or just talktoofasttobecomprehended? Or are those around me going deaf? Lately, I'm not sure. Two recent examples follow.

Mom, I said I was thinking about going to a therapist. Not, in fact, joining the circus.

And Kirsten: I said that Trey and I were planning to go on a date over the weekend. Not, I'm so sorry to say, to Spain.

On second thought... let’s go with your versions, which sound like much more fun.

Something else that sounds like fun? Chicken-fried-steak ice cream. Yes, I said ice cream. Here's the link, courtesy of D Magazine's FrontBurner. Makes Amy's Guinness Stout ice cream seem unbearably pedestrian by comparison, huh?

3 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

For help with stuttering, go to www.stutteringhelp.org and you can find a wealth of information. Life is interesting when others misunderstand what we said, and even more so when they finish our sentences for us and it had nothing to do with what we were trying to say. Communication is easier with my dog!

4:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't get me started on you and you're "We're going to SpainLondon..."

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should try living with someone who has a hearing problem and does not wear his hearing aids unless absolutely necessary. This never seems to be when I am around. Some of his hearing (selective or otherwise) creates interesting situations. Love, Ellie

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home