Monday, November 06, 2006

Gremlins

Last thoughts before bedtime:

1. I'm still irked that my Friday night post vanished without warning. Not because it was anything resembling great prose or containing deep thoughts. (The synopsis: I'm getting older. As are we all. It stinks, but it beats the alternative. The end.)

And if you really, truly couldn't decipher the title, it was O-L H = old age. I'll grant you, an illustration and a smidge of context would have made your task much easier. But a better long-term solution would be for you to run like the wind to your nearest bookstore for your very own copy of C D B! by William Steig. You're most welcome.

No, the two neurotic thoughts that plague me about my precious words being ripped from my bosom are: one, does a technological glitch beyond my control render me ineligible for the fabulous NaBloPoMo prizes? (Not that I would have won anyway; I'm consistently unlucky at contests of any sort, but that's beside the point.) And two, did my entry flutter through the blogosphere and land on someone else's web page? Will he or she understand the meaning of O-L H? Sigh.

It provides no answers to my fretful queries, but it does make hours of potentially productive free time zip by in what feel like seconds: it's the highly addictive NaBloPoMo Randomizer. Don't you dare say I didn't warn you.

2. Another bee in my bonnet: I cannot access my MSN e-mail account. I've tried repeatedly (okay, obsessively) over the past few days, and all I get is a Cannot Find Server error. Although I've received no noteworthy messages for weeks on end, I'm convinced that all sorts of treasures now lay beyond the locked door. Help! Help!

3. Hopefully there will be no technological glitches, bees or gremlins of any sort as Americans rock the vote tomorrow. If you neglected to vote early (and often, as we were instructed in Chicago), then get out there and make your voice heard. If you're in Dallas, you can click here for pertinent information and instuctions. For a national perspective, try MSNBC for a hodgepodge of articles and such. And if you're not registered, then for heaven's sake, click here and get yourself ready for the next Election Day.

Last, but not least: if you haven't checked Jen's blog lately, then you've no idea what gorgeous pictures and clever copy you're missing. Specifically, you should read this entry. Sweet Reid goes to school with Carter, and is undergoing surgery tomorrow to prepare him for a new and improved leg. If you're so inclined, Reid and his family could use your thoughts, prayers and positive energy in the days that follow. Thank you...

Love,
Amy

6 Comments:

Blogger Weintribe said...

fyi-my friday post disappeared too

it's a nablopomo conspiracy!

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Spencer took the post. Have you checked the VCR?

Good luck to Reid and family!!!

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! You are certainly not the first blog with a missing post! :)

7:44 PM  
Blogger Weintribe said...

okay...so are you totally off the wagon? time to post again!!!

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't you say you had written some more things? So they are stuck somewhere in the bloggers' queue? Comments can post, but the blogs themselves, no? How do it know?? Okay, why don't you just put your whole blog entry into the Leave Your Comment section here?? Enquiring minds want to know!
Love, Ma :)

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mean, INquiring.

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home