Monday, September 18, 2006

Hold on

"Hold on to your chairs," she said, "it's ready."

Hours later, I'm (ever obediently) sitting in my chair still, watching these pictures dance on my screen over and over again. Narcissistic? Maybe. Awestruck, moved, wistful, weepy, enchanted, overcome with gratitude and love? Absolutely.

See for yourself.

Jen, you are a marvel, a rare talent and an incredible person. We are beyond lucky to count you as a friend. Thank you, thank you, for capturing our sweetly crazy family just as we were on that steamy summer day. I'll treasure these images for a lifetime.

xo,
Amy

P.S. Ellie... that one picture of our two Carters, III and IV, gazing at us with those strong, clear eyes... aren't we just the luckiest mommies ever?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy and Trey, I cried through the whole thing. I had to watch it twice to see the pictures clearly because of my tears. How blessed we are to have such a wonderful family. Thank you. Love, Ellie

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know which is more amazing - Jen's photography skills or your beautiful family. I think it must be the blissful combination of both. The true emotions shinning from each picture truly brought me to tears.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Weintribe said...

oh my goodness-stop

three words-double ear infection

poor sweet spencer (who is now my best buddy, by the way...after we shared a quiche today) was not his usual shining self :(

which makes me sad-as I know we can get some amazing shots...if we can just get all three in good moods, in full health, and if those planets will ever say aligned! ;)

but thanks for the compliments ;)

Jen

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Those are really beautiful pictures. While they didn't make me cry, they did make me feel warm and fuzzy, to see my friend all happy and obviously content surrounded by both of her Carters and Spencer Tracy/Katherine Hepburn. You look good AmyHazel and I want to bite those kids....you too, Trey.

I'm looking forward to our "eat-and-talk-as-much-as-you-can-before-you have-to-be-at-O'Hare" date.

*****Shout Out to Sugar Photography: You should come to Chicago, the Applewhites would pose for you in a second!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Weintribe said...

Shout out to the Applewhites...a road trip to Chicago is in the works for Spring (another family is recruiting 2 other families to share the trip costs)...it's doable!

:)

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, these pictures evoke so many emotions as I sit in my kitchen and watch your beautiful family. The tears well up in my eyes with each passing picture. I feel so happy to see your smiling faces, sad that we don't see each other more, and extremely proud of my big brother and his incredible family. Don't be surprised if we show up on your doorstep soon. I love you like crazy!

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home